FAQ's | Magnesium Oil
Why use magnesium oil?
It is considered that as many as 50% of people living in the west are deficient in magnesium. With magnesium contributing to many functions within the body it is an important mineral and is strongly recommended to maintain correct levels within the body.
It is also worth noting that during intense exercise you need up to 20% more magnesium then when you are resting. Magnesium levels in the body when exercising are depleted through perspiration.
Magnesium contributes to the following functions in the body:
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Electrolyte balance
- Normal energy yielding metabolism
- Normal functioning of the nervous system
- Normal muscle function
- Normal protein synthesis
- Normal psychological function
- Maintenance of normal bones
- Maintenance of normal teeth
- Has a role in the process of cell division
How do I use the magnesium oil?
Spray on the body and massage well into the skin. Ideally after showering or before sleep.
For best results, apply to clean skin. Reapply whenever needed.
Apply anywhere on the body avoiding broken skin and delicate areas such as the eyes.
Concentration on joints, muscles and areas of concern.
Suitable for children and for use during pregnancy.
Must I wash the magnesium oil off after application?
That is up to you. This is not necessary. However, if you prefer to wash magnesium oil off, you should wait for an active application time of at least 10 minutes to elapse in order to derive the full benefit.
The magnesium oil causes a tingling sensation on my skin. Is this normal?
Persons with sensitive skin can detect a slight itchiness or tingling after application of magnesium. This is completely harmless, although it could be a little unpleasant.
The concentrated magnesium oil can be diluted with water to allow the skin to become accustomed to the application. Finished products with lower concentrations of magnesium chloride are also available. In this case, the amount of the spray action must be adapted to receive the same quantity of magnesium.
The concentration can then be gradually increased, depending on tolerance. Magnesium oil can also be washed off again after an active application time of approximately 10 minutes.
This will pass with regular use and as absorption commences immediately, skin can be towelled off after massaging in.
What are the advantages of external application of magnesium?
External application of magnesium offers the following advantages when compared to oral ingestion, such as by means of tablets, granulate or liquid form:
- No reabsorption problems in the gastro-intestinal tract
- Dosage according to individual requirements possible
- No dosage-dependent side effects such as diarrhoea
- Faster effectiveness
- Direct application to problem areas possible (e.g. in the case of cramps)
- Does not need to be ingested
What are the signs of magnesium deficiency?
Because magnesium is required for so many processes in the body there are many varied signs of deficiency. These symptoms are often quite subtle and people can live with them for years unaware that it is something so simple as a nutritional deficiency causing them.
- Aches and pains
- Slow recovery from exercise
- Mood problems
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular sleep patterns and insomnia
- Heart irregularities
- Muscle twitches and spasms
- Digestive trouble
- Lack of appetite
- Brain fog
- Memory problems
What are the causes of magnesium deficiency?
- Cooking and processing depletes magnesium, even from those foods high in magnesium.
- Alcohol, coffee, sugar, and high protein in the diet are also responsible for diminished magnesium levels in the body
- Low levels of magnesium in soil leading to low levels in produce.